What is CP-M-MAT?
CP-M-MAT stands for “Certified Professional – Mobile – Master Agile Testing”.
CP-M-MAT can be taken by anyone who wants to become a master of mobile agile testing. The only pre-requisite is that the person should be familiar with using smart phones and have exposure to various kind of smart phone applications.
The course is applicable for all roles and not just “testers”. Knowledge, experience & certification is consciously designed to focus on “agile testing” and not on “agile testers”.
How is it useful?
CP-M-MAT prepares you for testing smart phones native apps, web apps and hybrid apps. Mobility and wearables around mobile technology is the fastest growing application area and there is a dearth of software testing professionals capable of testing mobile apps. The standard software testing approach may not work for mobile areas. This course helps in understanding and utilizing a comprehensive mobile testing strategy using real devices and emulators/simulators for android and iOS.
The course introduces the participant to agile concepts and takes them through multiple sprints (iterations), exposing them to master the art of mobile testing with hands on exercises using agile tool kit implementation for KANBAN boards and retrospectives.
Participants will also get access to a mind-map based mobile testing strategy tool kit and ready to use checklist around various strategy areas.
The course introduces the participants through various facets of mobile testing strategy called as “GUIDABLE INCLUSIONS”
- G Gesture
- U User Stories & Usability
- I Integration
- D Device & Platform
- A Accessibility
- B Browser
- L Location
- E Efficiency
- I Interrupts
- N Notification
- C Conformance
- L Localization
- U Updates
- S Synchronization
- I Interactions
- O Orientation
- N Network
- S Security
Am I Eligible?
Everyone who wants to master mobile application testing is eligible for this course. There is no pre-requisite for this course except for the following:
- Participant should have used smart phones and is having a smart phone to use for practical testing during the program.
- Participant should understand basic smart phone terminologies like APK, Android, iOS, Emulator, Device, Browser, market place, play store.
- Participant should understand basic software development and testing terminology e.g. SDLC, STLC, Waterfall and other Software development models, Testing, Test Execution, Test Planning, Test Preparation, Defect, Test Case Pass / Fail, Requirement.
- Participant should have worked on MS-Office or similar products to MS Excel, MS Word.
- Participants should be comfortable installing new applications and software on desktops and mobile.
- Please go through the eligibility exams on the ATA website to judge your knowledge and understanding on the points mentioned above.
- If you need help in finding out reference material to understand the terminology mentioned, please get in touch with ATA: firstname.lastname@example.org
CP-M-MAT is designed specifically for corporates and working professionals alike. If you are a corporate you can opt for either 5 half days course or 3 days course followed by an examination. If you are a working professional opt for 3 days course followed by an examination.